There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in North Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.1% of North Carolina graduates receive certificates in surgical technology. Thus, North Carolina's 26 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 316 surgical technologists each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a surgical technologist program is Carolinas College of Health Sciences, which is located in Charlotte. In 2010, it was ranked 54th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Carolinas College of Health Sciences in 2010.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a surgical technologist program is Miller-Motte College-Cary. Miller-Motte College-Cary, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Cary. 35 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Miller-Motte College-Cary in 2010. Miller-Motte College-Cary charged in-state students $10,597 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a surgical technologist program is Miller-Motte College-Wilmington. Miller-Motte College-Wilmington, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Wilmington. In 2010, 29 students graduated from Miller-Motte College-Wilmington surgical technologist program. Miller-Motte College-Wilmington charged in-state students $14,508 in tuition fees per year.
Surgical technologist schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $3,504 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,200 per year, or as little as $1,609 per year. The North Carolina surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- South College-Asheville - located in Asheville, students are charged $16,200 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Wilmington - located in Wilmington, students are charged $14,508 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Cary - located in Cary, students are charged $10,597 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Sandhills Community College - located in Pinehurst, students are charged $1,697 per year
- Lenoir Community College - located in Kinston, students are charged $1,703 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. 3,130 surgical technologists were working in North Carolina in 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina surgical technologists are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 750 surgical technologists
- Franklin County - 350 surgical technologists
- Bladen County - 250 surgical technologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of surgical technologists in the state of North Carolina will grow to 4,050. This would require a 33% growth in the profession.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $38,390 per year in North Carolina state. However, this number is only an average. surgical technologists in North Carolina had varying salaries from $26,240 to $55,490 per year in 2010. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Cumberland County - $42,160 per year
- Chatham County - $42,040 per year
- Brunswick County - $40,570 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Alleghany County - $33,520 per year
- Caswell County - $34,720 per year
- Beaufort County - $35,520 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in surgical technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in North Carolina
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in North Carolina
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in North Carolina