There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.0% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from ultrasound technology certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 70 ultrasound technicians graduate from North Carolina's 9 ultrasound technician schools each year.
Johnston Community College, which is located in Smithfield, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 85th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with a certificate in ultrasound technician from Johnston Community College in 2010. Students at Johnston Community College paid $1,905 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a ultrasound technician program is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College. Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Asheville. 10 students graduated with certificate in ultrasound technician from Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College in 2010. Students at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College paid $1,609 per year in tuition fees.
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, which is located in Hudson, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute graduated 7 students from its ultrasound technician programs. The tuition rate at Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute was $1,872 per year.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina ultrasound technician school, average tuition will be $1,842 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,524 per year to $1,980 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina ultrasound technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pitt Community College - located in Winterville, students are charged $1,980 per year
- South Piedmont Community College - located in Polkton, students are charged $1,946 per year
- Cape Fear Community College - located in Wilmington, students are charged $1,941 per year
The following North Carolina ultrasound technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute - located in Hudson, students are charged $1,872 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of ultrasound technician graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as an ultrasound technician. In 2010, there were 1,630 ultrasound technicians working in North Carolina. The North Carolina counties with the largest populations of ultrasound technicians are:
- Anson County - 270 ultrasound technicians
- Davie County - 190 ultrasound technicians
- Franklin County - 160 ultrasound technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of ultrasound technicians is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,790 ultrasound technicians working in the North Carolina then.
An ultrasound technician in North Carolina makes an average of $60,710 per year. But, salaries for ultrasound technicians can vary. In 2010, ultrasound technicians made as little as less than $39,670 per year or as much as more than $87,940 per year in North Carolina. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for an ultrasound technician are:
- Cumberland County - $68,300 per year
- Bladen County - $66,570 per year
- Edgecombe County - $63,650 per year
An ultrasound technician in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alleghany County - $53,540 per year
- Beaufort County - $57,030 per year
- Alexander County - $57,510 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in ultrasound technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in North Carolina
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in North Carolina
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||1,630||$60,710||13.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in North Carolina