There are schools offering x ray technician programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.1% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from x ray technology degree programs every year. Thus, North Carolina's 19 x ray technician schools put out approximately 291 x ray technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a x ray technician program is Carolinas College of Health Sciences, which is located in Charlotte. In 2010, it was ranked 54th nationwide. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Carolinas College of Health Sciences' x ray technician program.
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, which is located in Salisbury, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College graduated 17 students from its x ray technician program. Students at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College paid $1,920 per year in tuition fees.
Edgecombe Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Tarboro. In 2010, Edgecombe Community College graduated 21 students from its x ray technician programs. Edgecombe Community College charged in-state students $1,880 in tuition fees per year.
X ray technician schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $2,486 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,200 per year, or as little as $1,422 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- South College-Asheville - located in Asheville, students are charged $16,200 per year
- Robeson Community College - located in Lumberton, students are charged $2,132 per year
- Pitt Community College - located in Winterville, students are charged $1,980 per year
The x ray technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
A x ray technician degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from x ray technician school in North Carolina go on to work as a x ray technician. North Carolina had 7,410 x ray technicians in 2010. The North Carolina counties with the largest populations of x ray technicians are:
- Anson County - 1,190 x ray technicians
- Chatham County - 810 x ray technicians
- Davie County - 710 x ray technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of x ray technicians in the state of North Carolina will grow to 8,560. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
On average, x ray technicians earn $53,470 per year. A x ray technician in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Chatham County - $65,300 per year
- Cumberland County - $56,270 per year
- Davie County - $54,800 per year
The North Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for x ray technicians are:
- Onslow County - $44,200 per year
- Beaufort County - $48,530 per year
- Brunswick County - $48,680 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in x ray technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in North Carolina
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||7,470||$52,650|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in North Carolina