There are schools offering accounting degrees in North Dakota!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in North Dakota
Around 1.3% of North Dakota's graduates graduate from accounting degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 234 accountants graduate from North Dakota's 10 accounting schools.
The top-ranked school in North Dakota that has a accounting program is University of Mary. University of Mary, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Bismarck. 30 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Mary in 2010. Students at University of Mary paid $13,024 per year in tuition fees.
Minot State University, which is located in Minot, is the second-ranked school in North Dakota that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with degree in accounting from Minot State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Minot State University was $5,637 per year.
University of North Dakota, which is located in Grand Forks, is the third-ranked school in North Dakota that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 86 students graduated with degree in accounting from University of North Dakota in 2010. Tuition at University of North Dakota was $6,934 per year.
If you choose to attend a North Dakota accounting school, average tuition will be $7,531 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,480 per year to $16,780 per year. The North Dakota accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Jamestown College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $16,780 per year
- Rasmussen College-North Dakota - located in Fargo, students are charged $13,560 per year
- University of Mary - located in Bismarck, students are charged $13,024 per year
The accounting schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Dakota were:
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College - located in Fort Totten, students are charged $2,480 per year
- Williston State College - located in Williston, students are charged $3,469 per year
- Dakota College at Bottineau - located in Bottineau, students are charged $3,856 per year
An accounting degree from a North Dakota school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in North Dakota pursue careers as an accountant. If you decide to work as an accountant in North Dakota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,660 North Dakota accountants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Dakota accountants:
- Clay County - 860 accountants
- Burleigh County - 620 accountants
- Bottineau County - 390 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,470 accountants will be working in North Dakota state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 21%.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $52,270 per year in North Dakota state. In 2010, however, some North Dakota accountants earned as little as less than $28,210 per year or as much as more than $81,790 per year. An accountant in the following North Dakota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Polk County - $57,170 per year
- Adams County - $54,900 per year
- Clay County - $53,780 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following North Dakota counties:
- Nelson County - $44,810 per year
- Barnes County - $46,690 per year
- Bottineau County - $49,240 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in North Dakota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in North Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in North Dakota
- Master's Degree in Accounting in North Dakota
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||6,830||$31,610||18.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||2,660||$52,270||-1.5%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,330||$29,310||31.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||410||$34,570||-19.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in North Dakota