There are schools offering automotive training in North Dakota!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in North Dakota
Approximately 0.6% of graduates in of North Dakota receive automotive repair certificates every year. That means an estimated 105 automotive mechanics graduate from North Dakota's 6 automotive schools each year.
The top-ranked school in North Dakota with a automotive program is North Dakota State College of Science, which is located in Wahpeton. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, North Dakota State College of Science graduated 74 students from its automotive program. The tuition rate at North Dakota State College of Science was $4,173 per year.
The second-ranked school in North Dakota with a automotive program is Williston State College, which is located in Williston. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, Williston State College graduated 4 students from its automotive program. Tuition at Williston State College was $3,469 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Dakota that has a automotive program is Lake Region State College. Lake Region State College, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Devils Lake. 4 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Lake Region State College in 2010. Tuition at Lake Region State College was $3,908 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of North Dakota's automotive schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,538 per year, though tuition can range from $4,173 per year to $2,480 per year. The North Dakota automotive schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- North Dakota State College of Science - located in Wahpeton, students are charged $4,173 per year
- Lake Region State College - located in Devils Lake, students are charged $3,908 per year
- United Tribes Technical College - located in Bismarck, students are charged $3,840 per year
The following North Dakota automotive schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College - located in Fort Totten, students are charged $2,480 per year
- Bismarck State College - located in Bismarck, students are charged $3,356 per year
- Williston State College - located in Williston, students are charged $3,469 per year
An automotive certificate from a North Dakota school... what next?
The highest percentage of automotive graduates in North Dakota pursue careers as an automotive mechanic. North Dakota had 2,020 automotive mechanics in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Dakota automotive mechanics:
- Clay County - 530 automotive mechanics
- Bottineau County - 410 automotive mechanics
- Burleigh County - 280 automotive mechanics
The government projects that the number of automotive mechanics in North Dakota will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,420 automotive mechanics working in North Dakota.
On average, automotive mechanics earn $33,960 per year. In 2010, however, some North Dakota automotive mechanics earned as little as less than $16,560 per year or as much as more than $63,770 per year. The following counties in North Dakota have the highest average salaries for automotive mechanics:
- Burleigh County - $36,650 per year
- Clay County - $36,000 per year
- Adams County - $35,640 per year
An automotive mechanic in the following counties in North Dakota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bottineau County - $30,360 per year
- Barnes County - $30,770 per year
- Polk County - $33,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Dakota statistics regarding a career in automotive repair. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in North Dakota
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in North Dakota
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||2,020||$33,960||5.2%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||1,250||$40,540||34.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in North Dakota