There are schools offering business degrees in North Dakota!
Schools Offering Business Programs in North Dakota
Around 8.7% of North Dakota's graduates graduate from business degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,566 business professionals graduate from North Dakota's 19 business schools.
The top-ranked school in North Dakota that has a business program is University of Mary. University of Mary, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Bismarck. In 2010, University of Mary graduated 453 students from its business program. The tuition rate at University of Mary was $13,024 per year.
The second-ranked school in North Dakota that has a business program is Minot State University. Minot State University, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Minot. 138 students graduated with degree in business from Minot State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Minot State University was $5,637 per year.
University of North Dakota, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Dakota that has a business program. It is located in Grand Forks. In 2010, University of North Dakota graduated 337 students from its business programs. Tuition at University of North Dakota was $6,934 per year.
If you choose to attend a North Dakota business school, average tuition will be $6,396 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,000 per year to $16,780 per year. In 2010, the following North Dakota business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Jamestown College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $16,780 per year
- Rasmussen College-North Dakota - located in Fargo, students are charged $13,560 per year
- Trinity Bible College - located in Ellendale, students are charged $13,090 per year
The following North Dakota business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Turtle Mountain Community College - located in Belcourt, students are charged $2,000 per year
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College - located in Fort Totten, students are charged $2,480 per year
- Bismarck State College - located in Bismarck, students are charged $3,356 per year
A business degree from a North Dakota school... what next?
Many North Dakota business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. North Dakota had 12,820 business professionals in 2010. 420 of these business professionals were business analysts, 950 were chief executive officers, and 4,320 were operations managers. In North Dakota, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Clay County - 4,420 business professionals
- Burleigh County - 2,330 business professionals
- Bottineau County - 1,450 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of North Dakota will grow to 13,490. This would require a 18% growth in the field.
On average, business professionals earn a salary of $68,758 per year in North Dakota state. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $22,630 per year or as much as more than $150,280 per year in North Dakota. The counties in North Dakota with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Polk County - $80,390 per year
- Barnes County - $79,808 per year
- Adams County - $77,958 per year
The following counties in North Dakota have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Nelson County - $61,358 per year
- Bottineau County - $63,060 per year
- Burleigh County - $72,280 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in North Dakota were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $137,230 per year
- Operations Manager - $97,230 per year
- Financial Manager - $90,410 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in North Dakota were:
- Financial Advisor - $46,840 per year
- Credit Counselor - $39,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Dakota statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in North Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in North Dakota
- Master's Degree in Business in North Dakota
- Certificate in Business in North Dakota
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||4,320||$97,230||19.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||2,660||$52,270||-1.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||450||$73,130||2.3%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||380||$46,840||123.5%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||200||$62,810||-41.2%|
|Human Resources Managers||70||$77,950|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in North Dakota