There are schools offering accounting degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Ohio
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 359 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
Case Western Reserve University, which is located in Cleveland, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. 50 students graduated with degree in accounting from Case Western Reserve University in 2010. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 90 students graduated from Ohio University-Main Campus accounting program. Tuition at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's accounting schools ranges from $37,648 per year to $1,735 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,592 per year. In 2010, the accounting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- Ohio Wesleyan University - located in Delaware, students are charged $36,398 per year
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
The accounting schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
An accounting degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Ohio pursue careers as an accountant. If you decide to work as an accountant in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 38,550 Ohio accountants as of 2010. The largest populations of Ohio accountants are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 8,730 accountants
- Delaware County - 8,700 accountants
- Dearborn County - 7,640 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 53,230 accountants will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 16%.
On average, accountants earn $65,010 per year. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $26,520 per year or as much as more than $123,310 per year in Ohio. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Clark County - $71,210 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $67,620 per year
- Greene County - $66,610 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $53,310 per year
- Jefferson County - $55,890 per year
- Carroll County - $56,240 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Ohio
- Certificate in Accounting in Ohio
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||61,300||$33,300||-10.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||38,550||$65,010||-14.1%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||22,400||$30,970||-9.0%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||7,000||$35,520||-17.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Ohio