There are schools offering acting classes in Ohio!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a acting program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, 59 students graduated from Ohio State University-Main Campus' acting program. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
Oberlin College, which is located in Oberlin, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Oberlin College acting program. Oberlin College charged in-state students $41,577 in tuition fees per year.
Kenyon College, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a acting program. It is located in Gambier. 12 students graduated with degree in acting from Kenyon College in 2010. Tuition at Kenyon College was $40,900 per year.
Acting schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $19,848 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,577 per year, or as little as $1,735 per year. The Ohio acting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oberlin College - located in Oberlin, students are charged $41,577 per year
- Kenyon College - located in Gambier, students are charged $40,900 per year
- Denison University - located in Granville, students are charged $38,220 per year
The acting schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Edison State Community College - located in Piqua, students are charged $3,690 per year
- Hocking College - located in Nelsonville, students are charged $3,795 per year
An acting degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Ohio go on to work as an actor. 500 actors were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio actors:
- Delaware County - 320 actors
- Dearborn County - 140 actors
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 750 actors will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of actors to grow by 11%.
An actor in Ohio makes an average of $0 per year.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Acting in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Ohio
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,320||$57,130||-0.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Ohio