There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Ohio
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Ohio students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 851 administrative assistants graduate from Ohio's 86 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a administrative assistant program is Cedarville University. Cedarville University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Cedarville. no students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Cedarville University in 2010. Students at Cedarville University paid $23,500 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a administrative assistant program is Ashland University, which is located in Ashland. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. Tuition at Ashland University was $27,412 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a administrative assistant program is TCTC Adult Training Center. TCTC Adult Training Center, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Warren. In 2010, 11 students graduated from TCTC Adult Training Center administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at TCTC Adult Training Center was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $5,603 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $27,412 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
- Cedarville University - located in Cedarville, students are charged $23,500 per year
- Bryant and Stratton College-Eastlake Campus - located in Eastlake, students are charged $22,715 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Ohio go on to work as an administrative assistant. Ohio had 36,450 administrative assistants in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 8,230 administrative assistants
- Delaware County - 8,090 administrative assistants
- Cuyahoga County - 7,640 administrative assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of administrative assistants is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 50,600 administrative assistants working in the Ohio then.
An administrative assistant in Ohio earns $42,500 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Ohio had varying salaries from $22,840 to $80,940 per year in 2010. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Adams County - $48,030 per year
- Delaware County - $44,960 per year
- Erie County - $43,590 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Jefferson County - $35,910 per year
- Coshocton County - $36,960 per year
- Clark County - $37,090 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Ohio
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||100,380||$27,790||0.3%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||63,600||$31,160||-10.3%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||36,450||$42,500||-34.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Ohio