There are schools offering audio production programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Audio Production Programs in Ohio
Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a audio production program. It is located in Athens. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 171 students from its audio production program. Ohio University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,603 in tuition fees per year.
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a audio production program. It is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, 43 students graduated from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus audio production program. Tuition at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a audio production program is Cedarville University. Cedarville University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Cedarville. In 2010, Cedarville University graduated 1 students from its audio production programs. Cedarville University charged in-state students $23,500 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's audio production schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,480 per year, though tuition can range from $29,310 per year to $2,537 per year. The Ohio audio production schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Capital University - located in Columbus, students are charged $29,310 per year
- Otterbein University - located in Westerville, students are charged $28,413 per year
- Marietta College - located in Marietta, students are charged $28,340 per year
The audio production schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- Kent State University at Kent - located in Kent, students are charged $9,030 per year
An audio production degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from audio production school in Ohio go on to work as an audio producer. Ohio had 1,050 audio producers in 2010. The largest populations of Ohio audio producers are working in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 270 audio producers
- Dearborn County - 240 audio producers
- Cuyahoga County - 210 audio producers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of audio producers is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,070 audio producers working in the Ohio then.
An audio producer in Ohio earns $42,050 per year on average. But, salaries for audio producers can vary. In 2010, audio producers made as little as less than $17,290 per year or as much as more than $85,710 per year in Ohio. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for audio producers:
- Portage County - $58,020 per year
- Dearborn County - $44,660 per year
- Fulton County - $44,200 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for audio producers are:
- Greene County - $31,150 per year
- Delaware County - $42,740 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $42,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in audio production in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio production or music production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Production in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Production in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Audio Production in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Audio Production in Ohio
- Certificate in Audio Production in Ohio
Curious what studying Audio Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,050||$42,050||61.5%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||200||$44,200||17.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio production related jobs in Ohio