There are schools offering beauty programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a beauty program is Casal Aveda Institute. Casal Aveda Institute, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Youngstown. 32 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Casal Aveda Institute in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a beauty program is International Academy of Hair Design. International Academy of Hair Design, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, International Academy of Hair Design graduated 45 students from its beauty program.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a beauty program is Community Services Division-Alliance City. Community Services Division-Alliance City, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Alliance. In 2010, Community Services Division-Alliance City graduated 2 students from its beauty programs. Community Services Division-Alliance City charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's beauty schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,028 per year, though tuition can range from $16,896 per year to $2,570 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Springboro Branch - located in Springboro, students are charged $16,896 per year
- Remington College-Cleveland Campus - located in Cleveland, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Moler-Pickens Beauty Academy - located in Fairfield, students are charged $13,000 per year
The beauty schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Tiffin Academy of Hair Design - located in Tiffin, students are charged $12,125 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Troy - located in Troy, students are charged $12,634 per year
A beauty certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
beauty graduates in Ohio can go into a variety of professions such as barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, salon manager, and makeup artist. 27,990 beauty professionals were working in Ohio in 2010. Of these, 18,750 were hairdressers. In addition, were barbers, and 960 were estheticians. The largest populations of Ohio beauty professional are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 6,130 beauty professionals
- Dearborn County - 5,670 beauty professionals
- Delaware County - 4,480 beauty professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of beauty professionals is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 45,690 beauty professionals working in Ohio then. Of these 45,690 beauty professionals, the government predicts that 36,720 will be hairdressers, an unknown number will be barbers, and 1,310 will be estheticians.
beauty professionals in Ohio earn $32,818 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Ohio beauty professional earned as little as less than $15,610 per year or as much as more than $90,810 per year. On average beauty professional earn the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Portage County - $36,650 per year
- Fulton County - $36,590 per year
- Delaware County - $36,498 per year
On average, beauty professionals earn the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Erie County - $20,270 per year
- Jefferson County - $21,970 per year
- Richland County - $25,375 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Ohio were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $46,940 per year
- Makeup Artist - $42,860 per year
- Salon Manager - $35,810 per year
On average, the lowest paid beauty professionals in Ohio were:
- Esthetician - $24,070 per year
- Barber - $22,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Ohio
- Certificate in Beauty in Ohio
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||18,750||$24,730||5.5%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||4,230||$46,940||41.5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||3,940||$35,810||-22.7%|
|Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance||110||$42,860|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Ohio