There are schools offering business administration degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Ohio
Approximately 3.1% of graduates in of Ohio receive business administration degrees every year. That means an estimated 10,756 general managers graduate from Ohio's 135 business administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a business administration program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 549 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a business administration program is Case Western Reserve University. Case Western Reserve University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Cleveland. In 2010, 353 students graduated from Case Western Reserve University business administration program. Students at Case Western Reserve University paid $37,648 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a business administration program is Ohio University-Main Campus. Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. In 2010, 286 students graduated from Ohio University-Main Campus business administration program. Tuition at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,827 per year, though tuition can range from $37,648 per year to $1,735 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- John Carroll University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $30,250 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A business administration degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a general manager. In 2010, there were 32,950 general managers working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio general managers are working in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 7,540 general managers
- Delaware County - 6,990 general managers
- Cuyahoga County - 6,550 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 28,620 general managers will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of general managers to shrink by -8%.
On average, general managers earn $112,420 per year. However, Ohio general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $32,490 per year to more than $162,480 per year in 2010. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Portage County - $122,830 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $118,350 per year
- Delaware County - $115,180 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Jefferson County - $77,950 per year
- Clark County - $83,240 per year
- Adams County - $83,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Ohio
- Certificate in Business Administration in Ohio
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||32,950||$112,420||-43.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||8,870||$103,390||41.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Ohio