There are schools offering chemical engineering degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Chemical Engineering Programs in Ohio
Around 0.1% of Ohio's graduates graduate from chemical engineering degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 423 chemical engineers graduate from Ohio's 10 chemical engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a chemical engineering program is Ohio State University-Main Campus. Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Columbus. 126 students graduated with a degree in chemical engineering from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a chemical engineering program is Case Western Reserve University, which is located in Cleveland. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, Case Western Reserve University graduated 44 students from its chemical engineering program. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a chemical engineering program is Ohio University-Main Campus. Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. In 2010, 33 students graduated from Ohio University-Main Campus chemical engineering program. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's chemical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,291 per year, though tuition can range from $37,648 per year to $7,199 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio chemical engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- Miami University-Oxford - located in Oxford, students are charged $12,786 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio chemical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
- Cleveland State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $8,516 per year
A chemical engineering degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of chemical engineering graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a chemical engineer. In 2010, there were 1,700 chemical engineers working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio chemical engineers are working in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 520 chemical engineers
- Cuyahoga County - 410 chemical engineers
- Delaware County - 170 chemical engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of chemical engineers in the state of Ohio will shrink to 1,900. This would require a -3% decline in the profession.
On average, a chemical engineer earns a salary of $87,780 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for chemical engineers can vary. In 2010, chemical engineers made as little as less than $43,980 per year or as much as more than $153,300 per year in Ohio. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for chemical engineers:
- Dearborn County - $93,280 per year
- Carroll County - $92,830 per year
- Delaware County - $91,190 per year
On average, chemical engineers earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Fulton County - $70,450 per year
- Coshocton County - $73,060 per year
- Ashland County - $75,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in chemical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physics or chemistry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Chemical Engineering in Ohio
Curious what studying Chemical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||4,760||$84,840||-21.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are chemical engineering related jobs in Ohio