There are schools offering clinical psychology degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Clinical Psychology Programs in Ohio
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Ohio receive clinical psychology degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 104 clinical psychologists graduate from Ohio's 7 clinical psychology schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a clinical psychology program is Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in clinical psychology from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
Xavier University, which is located in Cincinnati, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a clinical psychology program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with degree in clinical psychology from Xavier University in 2010. Xavier University charged in-state students $29,970 in tuition fees per year.
University of Dayton, which is located in Dayton, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a clinical psychology program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in clinical psychology from University of Dayton in 2010. Tuition at University of Dayton was $29,930 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's clinical psychology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,100 per year, though tuition can range from $29,970 per year to $7,518 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio clinical psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- Union Institute & University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $11,132 per year
The clinical psychology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Wright State University-Main Campus - located in Dayton, students are charged $7,518 per year
- Cleveland State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $8,516 per year
- Kent State University at Kent - located in Kent, students are charged $9,030 per year
A clinical psychology degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from clinical psychology school in Ohio go on to work as a clinical psychologist. 3,180 clinical psychologists were working in Ohio in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of clinical psychologists work in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 700 clinical psychologists
- Cuyahoga County - 630 clinical psychologists
- Dearborn County - 630 clinical psychologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of clinical psychologists is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,730 clinical psychologists working in the Ohio then.
A clinical psychologist in Ohio earns $76,080 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. clinical psychologists in Ohio had varying salaries from $26,500 to $110,360 per year in 2010. A clinical psychologist in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Carroll County - $80,660 per year
- Ashland County - $79,760 per year
- Greene County - $78,380 per year
A clinical psychologist in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Jefferson County - $56,920 per year
- Erie County - $57,180 per year
- Auglaize County - $64,400 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in clinical psychology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or sports psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in Ohio
Curious what studying Clinical Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mental Health Counselors||4,050||$44,970||54.0%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||3,180||$76,080||-3.3%|
|Psychologists, All Other||340||$83,130||47.8%|
|Marriage and Family Therapists||330||$45,600||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are clinical psychology related jobs in Ohio