There are schools offering computer programming courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Ohio
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Ohio receive computer programming degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 320 computer programmers graduate from Ohio's 43 computer programming schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a computer programming program is NewLife Academy of Information Technology. NewLife Academy of Information Technology, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in East Liverpool. In 2010, 2 students graduated from NewLife Academy of Information Technology's computer programming program.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a computer programming program is University of Mount Union, which is located in Alliance. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from University of Mount Union computer programming program. University of Mount Union charged in-state students $24,800 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Strongsville, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a computer programming program. It is located in Strongsville. 0 students graduated with degree in computer programming from ITT Technical Institute-Strongsville in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Strongsville paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Ohio's computer programming schools ranges from $24,800 per year to $2,537 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,440 per year. The Ohio computer programming schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Mount Union - located in Alliance, students are charged $24,800 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Maumee - located in Maumee, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer programming schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Eastern Gateway Community College - located in Steubenville, students are charged $2,790 per year
A computer programming degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio computer programming graduates become computer programmers. 11,980 computer programmers were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio computer programmers:
- Delaware County - 3,790 computer programmers
- Dearborn County - 2,850 computer programmers
- Cuyahoga County - 2,400 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 13,150 computer programmers will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of computer programmers to shrink by -7%.
A computer programmer in Ohio makes an average of $68,030 per year. On average a computer programmer earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Clark County - $74,320 per year
- Delaware County - $72,680 per year
- Greene County - $70,430 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Ashland County - $46,420 per year
- Auglaize County - $56,460 per year
- Coshocton County - $58,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Ohio
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Ohio
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||280||$55,000||250.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Ohio