There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Ohio
Casal Aveda Institute, which is located in Youngstown, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 57th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 117 students graduated from Casal Aveda Institute's cosmetology program.
International Academy of Hair Design, which is located in Cincinnati, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 58th in the country in 2010. 45 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from International Academy of Hair Design in 2010.
Community Services Division-Alliance City, which was ranked 58th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Alliance. 2 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Community Services Division-Alliance City in 2010. Students at Community Services Division-Alliance City paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio cosmetology school, average tuition will be $1,014 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,570 per year to $16,896 per year. In 2010, the cosmetology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Springboro Branch - located in Springboro, students are charged $16,896 per year
- Remington College-Cleveland Campus - located in Cleveland, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Moler-Pickens Beauty Academy - located in Fairfield, students are charged $13,000 per year
The cosmetology schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Tiffin Academy of Hair Design - located in Tiffin, students are charged $12,125 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Troy - located in Troy, students are charged $12,634 per year
A cosmetology certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. 18,750 cosmetologists were working in Ohio in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of cosmetologists work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 4,570 cosmetologists
- Dearborn County - 3,750 cosmetologists
- Delaware County - 3,030 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 17% by 2018. There are projected to be 36,720 cosmetologists working in the Ohio then.
On average, cosmetologists earn $24,730 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio cosmetologists earned as little as less than $15,660 per year or as much as more than $56,690 per year. On average a cosmetologist earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Clark County - $30,550 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $27,390 per year
- Portage County - $26,120 per year
On average, cosmetologists earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Allen County - $19,960 per year
- Erie County - $20,270 per year
- Auglaize County - $20,910 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Ohio
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Ohio
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||18,750||$24,730||5.5%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||1,480||$22,260||-15.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Ohio