There are schools offering creative writing courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Creative Writing Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a creative writing program is Oberlin College, which is located in Oberlin. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Oberlin College's creative writing program. Oberlin College charged in-state students $41,577 in tuition fees per year.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a creative writing program. It is located in Athens. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 31 students from its creative writing program. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a creative writing program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Cincinnati-Main Campus graduated 0 students from its creative writing programs. University of Cincinnati-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,065 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Ohio's creative writing schools ranges from $41,577 per year to $1,735 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,469 per year. The Ohio creative writing schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oberlin College - located in Oberlin, students are charged $41,577 per year
- Ohio Wesleyan University - located in Delaware, students are charged $36,398 per year
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
The following Ohio creative writing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont College - located in Batavia, students are charged $4,863 per year
A creative writing degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of creative writing graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a creative writer. In 2010, there were 1,020 creative writers working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio creative writers are working in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 340 creative writers
- Cuyahoga County - 230 creative writers
- Dearborn County - 160 creative writers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of creative writers in the state of Ohio will grow to 2,840. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
A creative writer in Ohio earns $54,010 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. creative writers in Ohio had varying salaries from $17,500 to $98,560 per year in 2010. On average a creative writer earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Delaware County - $60,050 per year
- Fulton County - $58,840 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $58,590 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for creative writers are:
- Ashland County - $42,380 per year
- Portage County - $42,410 per year
- Greene County - $48,980 per year
For more data regarding a career in creative writing in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as communications or creative writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Creative Writing in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Creative Writing in Ohio
Curious what studying Creative Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Writers and Authors||1,020||$54,010||-18.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are creative writing related jobs in Ohio