There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in Ohio
- Crime Scene Investigation Schools in Indiana
- Crime Scene Investigation Schools in Michigan
- Crime Scene Investigation Schools in Virginia
- Crime Scene Investigation Schools in Pennsylvania
- Crime Scene Investigation Schools in West Virginia
- Crime Scene Investigation Schools in Kentucky
- See All Schools in Ohio
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Ohio students graduate with degrees in crime scene investigation. Thus, Ohio's 10 crime scene investigation schools put out approximately 51 crime scene investigators each year.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a crime scene investigation program is Cedarville University, which is located in Cedarville. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in crime scene investigation from Cedarville University in 2010. Tuition at Cedarville University was $23,500 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a crime scene investigation program is Ohio Northern University. Ohio Northern University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Ada. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Ohio Northern University crime scene investigation program. Students at Ohio Northern University paid $33,099 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a crime scene investigation program is The University of Findlay. The University of Findlay, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Findlay. In 2010, The University of Findlay graduated 3 students from its crime scene investigation programs. Students at The University of Findlay paid $26,798 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio crime scene investigation school, average tuition will be $14,953 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,114 per year to $33,099 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio crime scene investigation schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Defiance College - located in Defiance, students are charged $24,330 per year
The crime scene investigation schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- North Central State College - located in Mansfield, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Central Ohio Technical College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,852 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio crime scene investigation graduates become crime scene investigators. 2,720 crime scene investigators were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio crime scene investigators:
- Cuyahoga County - 680 crime scene investigators
- Dearborn County - 500 crime scene investigators
- Greene County - 180 crime scene investigators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of crime scene investigators is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,850 crime scene investigators working in the Ohio then.
On average, crime scene investigators earn $67,490 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio crime scene investigators earned as little as less than $23,360 per year or as much as more than $121,500 per year. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Portage County - $80,470 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $76,840 per year
- Dearborn County - $72,020 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for crime scene investigators are:
- Auglaize County - $46,880 per year
- Ashland County - $46,950 per year
- Adams County - $48,920 per year
For more data regarding a career in crime scene investigation in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Ohio
- Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation in Ohio
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||2,720||$67,490||25.9%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||280||$55,000||250.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in Ohio