There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a dental assistant program is Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which is located in Dayton. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. 8 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton in 2010. The tuition rate at Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton was $12,672 per year.
Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Ashland. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center dental assistant program.
Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Groveport. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools dental assistant program. Tuition at Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools was $0 per year.
Dental assistant schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $4,324 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,896 per year, or as little as $2,537 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Springboro Branch - located in Springboro, students are charged $16,896 per year
- Remington College-Cleveland West Campus - located in North Olmsted, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Sharonville - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $12,772 per year
The dental assistant schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Eastern Gateway Community College - located in Steubenville, students are charged $2,790 per year
- Choffin Career and Technical Center - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,700 per year
A dental assistant certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Ohio go on to work as a dental assistant. If you decide to work as a dental assistant in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,770 Ohio dental assistants as of 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of dental assistants work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 1,970 dental assistants
- Cuyahoga County - 1,930 dental assistants
- Delaware County - 1,450 dental assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental assistants in the state of Ohio will grow to 12,480. This would require a 25% growth in the profession.
A dental assistant in Ohio makes an average of $32,250 per year. However, Ohio dental assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,660 per year to more than $56,900 per year in 2010. A dental assistant in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Greene County - $37,320 per year
- Delaware County - $36,200 per year
- Clark County - $32,950 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for dental assistants are:
- Jefferson County - $25,020 per year
- Ashland County - $28,060 per year
- Adams County - $28,460 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Ohio
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,280||$38,710||-29.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Ohio