There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Ohio
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Columbus. 34 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a dental hygienist program is Youngstown State University, which is located in Youngstown. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. 22 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Youngstown State University in 2010. Youngstown State University charged in-state students $7,199 in tuition fees per year.
Shawnee State University, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Portsmouth. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Shawnee State University dental hygienist program. The tuition rate at Shawnee State University was $6,546 per year.
Dental hygienist schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $4,392 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $9,420 per year, or as little as $1,735 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio dental hygienist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ohio State University-Main Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $9,420 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- Shawnee State University - located in Portsmouth, students are charged $6,546 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A dental hygienist degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental hygienist school in Ohio go on to work as a dental hygienist. 7,640 dental hygienists were working in Ohio in 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of dental hygienists are:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,600 dental hygienists
- Delaware County - 1,480 dental hygienists
- Dearborn County - 1,370 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,880 dental hygienists working in the Ohio then.
On average, dental hygienists earn $61,350 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio dental hygienists earned as little as less than $35,010 per year or as much as more than $79,360 per year. On average a dental hygienist earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Delaware County - $66,560 per year
- Clark County - $66,470 per year
- Portage County - $63,450 per year
On average, dental hygienists earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Jefferson County - $47,210 per year
- Adams County - $52,550 per year
- Mahoning County - $53,190 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Ohio
- Certificate in Dental Hygiene in Ohio
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Ohio