There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Ohio
Each year, roughly 0.7% of Ohio students graduate with degrees in educational leadership. That means an estimated 2,409 educational leadership professonals graduate from Ohio's 27 educational leadership schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a educational leadership program is Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, 132 students graduated from Ohio University-Main Campus' educational leadership program. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a educational leadership program is Xavier University. Xavier University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, Xavier University graduated 57 students from its educational leadership program. The tuition rate at Xavier University was $29,970 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a educational leadership program is Franciscan University of Steubenville. Franciscan University of Steubenville, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Steubenville. 14 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from Franciscan University of Steubenville in 2010. The tuition rate at Franciscan University of Steubenville was $20,320 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio educational leadership school, average tuition will be $16,596 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,199 per year to $30,250 per year. In 2010, the educational leadership schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- John Carroll University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $30,250 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- Wright State University-Main Campus - located in Dayton, students are charged $7,518 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Ohio school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in Ohio can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. Ohio had 13,850 educational leadership professonals in 2010. 8,340 of these educational leadership professonals were middle school principals, 2,050 were preschool directors, and 2,870 were deans. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of educational leadership professonal are:
- Cuyahoga County - 2,870 educational leadership professonals
- Delaware County - 2,410 educational leadership professonals
- Dearborn County - 2,410 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 13,300 educational leadership professonals will be working in Ohio. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 4%.
educational leadership professonals in Ohio earn $79,513 per year on average. However, Ohio educational leadership professonal earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,580 per year to more than $161,320 per year in 2010. Educational leadership professonals in the following Ohio counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Clark County - $87,650 per year
- Delaware County - $86,683 per year
- Greene County - $84,433 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Mahoning County - $59,280 per year
- Ashland County - $59,320 per year
- Coshocton County - $60,085 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Ohio were:
- Dean - $102,460 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $85,330 per year
- Middle School Principal - $85,330 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Middle School Principal - $85,330 per year
- Preschool Director - $44,930 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Ohio
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||8,340||$85,330||-21.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,870||$102,460||-3.7%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||2,050||$44,930||19.9%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||590||$85,330|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Ohio