There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Ohio
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Ohio graduates receive degrees in electrical engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 953 electrical engineers graduate from Ohio's 50 electrical engineering schools.
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Cincinnati. 16 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which is located in Bowling Green, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from Bowling Green State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus paid $9,704 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a electrical engineering program is University of Dayton. University of Dayton, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Dayton. 24 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from University of Dayton in 2010. Tuition at University of Dayton was $29,930 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's electrical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,236 per year, though tuition can range from $29,930 per year to $1,735 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Maumee - located in Maumee, students are charged $18,048 per year
The electrical engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
An electrical engineering degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. In 2010, there were 5,110 electrical engineers working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio electrical engineers are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,220 electrical engineers
- Delaware County - 990 electrical engineers
- Dearborn County - 950 electrical engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electrical engineers in the state of Ohio will shrink to 4,700. This would require a -5% decline in the profession.
On average, an electrical engineer earns a salary of $76,440 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for electrical engineers can vary. In 2010, electrical engineers made as little as less than $37,610 per year or as much as more than $130,040 per year in Ohio. An electrical engineer in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Greene County - $83,870 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $81,850 per year
- Dearborn County - $76,850 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for electrical engineers are:
- Mahoning County - $67,450 per year
- Auglaize County - $67,560 per year
- Ashland County - $68,770 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrical engineering in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Ohio
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Ohio
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||3,600||$52,400||-28.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Ohio