There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Ohio
Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. Ohio University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,603 in tuition fees per year.
Xavier University, which is located in Cincinnati, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Xavier University graduated 39 students from its elementary education program. Students at Xavier University paid $29,970 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a elementary education program is Franciscan University of Steubenville. Franciscan University of Steubenville, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Steubenville. 57 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Franciscan University of Steubenville in 2010. Franciscan University of Steubenville charged in-state students $20,320 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,363 per year, though tuition can range from $36,398 per year to $4,863 per year. The Ohio elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Ohio Wesleyan University - located in Delaware, students are charged $36,398 per year
- Wittenberg University - located in Springfield, students are charged $35,424 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
The following Ohio elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont College - located in Batavia, students are charged $4,863 per year
- Ohio State University-Lima Campus - located in Lima, students are charged $6,102 per year
- Ohio State University-Newark Campus - located in Newark, students are charged $6,102 per year
An elementary education degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Ohio pursue careers as an elementary educator. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 43,430 Ohio elementary educators as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio elementary educators:
- Delaware County - 8,270 elementary educators
- Dearborn County - 8,150 elementary educators
- Cuyahoga County - 6,150 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 44,720 elementary educators working in the Ohio then.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $54,180 per year in Ohio state. In 2010, however, some Ohio elementary educators earned as little as less than $21,880 per year or as much as more than $84,520 per year. An elementary educator in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Cuyahoga County - $57,970 per year
- Carroll County - $56,420 per year
- Delaware County - $56,390 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Erie County - $35,090 per year
- Jefferson County - $43,340 per year
- Richland County - $45,220 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Ohio
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||43,430||$54,180||-20.7%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||8,340||$85,330||-21.7%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||8,260||$52,090||13.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,900||$49,320||-24.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Ohio