There are schools offering ESL classes in Ohio!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a ESL program is University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 11 students graduated with a degree in ESL from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a ESL program is The University of Findlay. The University of Findlay, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Findlay. 12 students graduated with degree in ESL from The University of Findlay in 2010. The University of Findlay charged in-state students $26,798 in tuition fees per year.
Kent State University at Kent, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a ESL program. It is located in Kent. In 2010, Kent State University at Kent graduated 18 students from its ESL programs. Kent State University at Kent charged in-state students $9,030 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's ESL schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,078 per year, though tuition can range from $26,798 per year to $7,199 per year. In 2010, the ESL schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Ohio Dominican University - located in Columbus, students are charged $25,280 per year
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $10,065 per year
The following Ohio ESL schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
- Cleveland State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $8,516 per year
An ESL degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in Ohio go on to work as an english language teacher. If you decide to work as an english language teacher in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,290 Ohio english language teachers as of 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of english language teachers are:
- Cuyahoga County - 680 english language teachers
- Dearborn County - 520 english language teachers
- Delaware County - 430 english language teachers
An english language teacher in Ohio earns $61,710 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Ohio english language teachers earned as little as less than $15,600 per year or as much as more than $127,290 per year. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for an english language teacher are:
- Delaware County - $72,700 per year
- Auglaize County - $71,580 per year
- Carroll County - $68,280 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for english language teachers are:
- Greene County - $52,590 per year
- Fulton County - $57,140 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $57,590 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in ESL and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Esl in Ohio
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,900||$49,320||-24.8%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||3,290||$61,710||9.7%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||2,860||$46,510||85.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Ohio