There are schools offering fashion merchandising degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Fashion Merchandising Programs in Ohio
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Ohio receive fashion merchandising degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 285 fashion merchandisers graduate from Ohio's 9 fashion merchandising schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a fashion merchandising program is Bowling Green State University-Main Campus. Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Bowling Green State University-Main Campus' fashion merchandising program. Students at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus paid $9,704 per year in tuition fees.
Ashland University, which is located in Ashland, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a fashion merchandising program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ashland University graduated 8 students from its fashion merchandising program. Tuition at Ashland University was $27,412 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a fashion merchandising program is Ursuline College. Ursuline College, which was ranked 46th in the country in 2010, is located in Cleveland. In 2010, Ursuline College graduated 2 students from its fashion merchandising programs. The tuition rate at Ursuline College was $23,940 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's fashion merchandising schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,420 per year, though tuition can range from $27,412 per year to $7,199 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio fashion merchandising schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
- Ursuline College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $23,940 per year
- The Art Institute of Ohio-Cincinnati - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $17,441 per year
The fashion merchandising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- Kent State University at Kent - located in Kent, students are charged $9,030 per year
- University of Akron Main Campus - located in Akron, students are charged $9,247 per year
A fashion merchandising degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of fashion merchandising graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a fashion merchandiser. In 2010, there were 2,250 fashion merchandisers working in Ohio. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio fashion merchandisers:
- Dearborn County - 520 fashion merchandisers
- Cuyahoga County - 510 fashion merchandisers
- Delaware County - 370 fashion merchandisers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,250 fashion merchandisers will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of fashion merchandisers to shrink by -6%.
On average, a fashion merchandiser earns a salary of $94,910 per year in Ohio state. In 2010, however, some Ohio fashion merchandisers earned as little as less than $43,720 per year or as much as more than $147,860 per year. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a fashion merchandiser are:
- Delaware County - $102,540 per year
- Greene County - $100,720 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $99,100 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for fashion merchandisers are:
- Auglaize County - $74,480 per year
- Ashland County - $78,980 per year
- Coshocton County - $78,990 per year
For more data regarding a career in fashion merchandising in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Ohio
Curious what studying Fashion Merchandising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||43,480||$48,130||-1.0%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||11,540||$58,180||-1.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion merchandising related jobs in Ohio