There are schools offering fashion programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Ohio
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 60 students graduated with a degree in fashion from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a fashion program is Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Bowling Green State University-Main Campus fashion program. The tuition rate at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus was $9,704 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a fashion program is Ashland University. Ashland University, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Ashland. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Ashland University fashion program. Ashland University charged in-state students $27,412 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio fashion school, average tuition will be $14,950 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,258 per year to $27,412 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio fashion schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
- Columbus College of Art and Design - located in Columbus, students are charged $26,322 per year
- Bluffton University - located in Bluffton, students are charged $24,930 per year
The fashion schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Stark State College of Technology - located in Canton, students are charged $3,258 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- Kent State University at Kent - located in Kent, students are charged $9,030 per year
A fashion degree from an Ohio school... what next?
fashion graduates in Ohio can go into a variety of professions such as model, marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, and photographer. 159,330 fashion professionals were working in Ohio in 2010. Of these, 310 were fashion designers. In addition, 80 were models, and 4,190 were marketing managers. In Ohio, the largest numbers of fashion professional work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 30,990 fashion professionals
- Dearborn County - 29,830 fashion professionals
- Delaware County - 28,560 fashion professionals
The government projects that the number of fashion professionals in Ohio will shrink by -3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 176,260 fashion professionals working in Ohio. The greatest decline for fashion professional is predicted to be amongst Models, who are expected to increase by 7% by 2018.
On average, fashion professionals earn $45,698 per year. However, this number is only an average. Fashion professional in Ohio had varying salaries from $15,730 to $143,500 per year in 2010. Fashion professionals in the following Ohio counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Delaware County - $63,225 per year
- Greene County - $56,520 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $56,274 per year
Fashion professionals in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clark County - $21,430 per year
- Jefferson County - $22,495 per year
- Coshocton County - $25,600 per year
On average, the highest paid fashion professionals in Ohio were:
- Marketing Manager - $121,660 per year
- Fashion Designer - $67,890 per year
- Merchadiser - $54,340 per year
The fashion professionals with lowest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Sales Associate - $23,860 per year
- Pattern Designer - per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in fashion. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Ohio
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||4,060||$54,340||-21.8%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||120||n/a|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||70||$26,350||40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Ohio