There are schools offering gerontology programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Gerontology Programs in Ohio
Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a gerontology program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in gerontology from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a gerontology program is Bowling Green State University-Main Campus. Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, Bowling Green State University-Main Campus graduated 13 students from its gerontology program. The tuition rate at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus was $9,704 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a gerontology program is Miami University-Oxford, which is located in Oxford. In 2010, it was ranked 58th nationwide. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Miami University-Oxford gerontology program. Tuition at Miami University-Oxford was $12,786 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's gerontology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,611 per year, though tuition can range from $23,550 per year to $2,958 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio gerontology schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of Mount St. Joseph - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $23,550 per year
- Miami University-Oxford - located in Oxford, students are charged $12,786 per year
- Lourdes College - located in Sylvania, students are charged $12,696 per year
The following Ohio gerontology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
A gerontology degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from gerontology school in Ohio go on to work as a gerontologist. If you decide to work as a gerontologist in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,580 Ohio gerontologists as of 2010. The largest populations of Ohio gerontologists are working in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 520 gerontologists
- Cuyahoga County - 340 gerontologists
- Greene County - 40 gerontologists
The government projects that the number of gerontologists in Ohio will grow by 28%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,290 gerontologists working in Ohio.
On average, gerontologists earn $69,360 per year. But, salaries for gerontologists can vary. In 2010, gerontologists made as little as less than $35,970 per year or as much as more than $124,300 per year in Ohio. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for gerontologists:
- Cuyahoga County - $88,910 per year
- Fulton County - $80,090 per year
- Greene County - $70,040 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for gerontologists are:
- Delaware County - $59,060 per year
- Dearborn County - $60,220 per year
- Greene County - $70,040 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in gerontology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or gerontology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Gerontology in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Gerontology in Ohio
Curious what studying Gerontology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||12,300||$84,510||23.2%|
|Social and Human Service Assistants||11,990||$27,240||35.2%|
|Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists||1,580||$69,360||16.2%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||870||$81,580||-31.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are gerontology related jobs in Ohio