There are schools offering health information management programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Health Information Management Programs in Ohio
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Ohio receive health information management degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 158 health information managers graduate from Ohio's 10 health information management schools.
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a health information management program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio State University-Main Campus graduated 22 students from its health information management program. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a health information management program is University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 70 students graduated with degree in health information management from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
Ursuline College, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a health information management program. It is located in Cleveland. The tuition rate at Ursuline College was $23,940 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio health information management school, average tuition will be $7,584 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,916 per year to $23,940 per year. In 2010, the health information management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Ursuline College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $23,940 per year
- Academy of Court Reporting and Technology-Cleveland - located in Cleveland, students are charged $14,238 per year
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $10,065 per year
The health information management schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lakeland Community College - located in Willoughby, students are charged $2,916 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Washington State Community College - located in Marietta, students are charged $3,808 per year
A health information management degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio health information management graduates become health information managers. Ohio had 12,300 health information managers in 2010. The largest populations of Ohio health information managers are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 2,360 health information managers
- Delaware County - 2,140 health information managers
- Dearborn County - 1,920 health information managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 14,270 health information managers will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of health information managers to grow by 13%.
On average, a health information manager earns a salary of $84,510 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for health information managers can vary. In 2010, health information managers made as little as less than $41,180 per year or as much as more than $158,710 per year in Ohio. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a health information manager are:
- Erie County - $99,650 per year
- Delaware County - $87,090 per year
- Dearborn County - $87,050 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for health information managers are:
- Jefferson County - $70,700 per year
- Mahoning County - $74,100 per year
- Coshocton County - $75,260 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in health information management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information Management in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management in Ohio
- Certificate in Health Information Management in Ohio
Curious what studying Health Information Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||12,300||$84,510||23.2%|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||6,510||$32,070||0.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information management related jobs in Ohio