There are schools offering history degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering History Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a history program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, 228 students graduated from Ohio State University-Main Campus' history program. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a history program is Oberlin College, which is located in Oberlin. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Oberlin College history program. Tuition at Oberlin College was $41,577 per year.
Kenyon College, which is located in Gambier, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a history program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Kenyon College graduated 35 students from its history programs. The tuition rate at Kenyon College was $40,900 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's history schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $20,152 per year, though tuition can range from $41,577 per year to $1,735 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio history schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oberlin College - located in Oberlin, students are charged $41,577 per year
- Kenyon College - located in Gambier, students are charged $40,900 per year
- Denison University - located in Granville, students are charged $38,220 per year
The history schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
- Wright State University-Lake Campus - located in Celina, students are charged $5,241 per year
A history degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a historian. Ohio had 50 historians in 2010. The largest populations of Ohio historians are working in the following counties:
On average, a historian earns a salary of $54,070 per year in Ohio state.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in history and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Ohio
- Master's Degree in History in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in History in Ohio
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Ohio