There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Ohio
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 7 students graduated from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus' hospitality program. The tuition rate at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a hospitality program. It is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, Bowling Green State University-Main Campus graduated 42 students from its hospitality program. Students at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus paid $9,704 per year in tuition fees.
Ashland University, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a hospitality program. It is located in Ashland. In 2010, Ashland University graduated 2 students from its hospitality programs. Students at Ashland University paid $27,412 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio hospitality school, average tuition will be $9,614 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $27,412 per year. In 2010, the hospitality schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Tiffin University - located in Tiffin, students are charged $18,390 per year
The following Ohio hospitality schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A hospitality degree from an Ohio school... what next?
hospitality graduates in Ohio can go into a variety of professions such as restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. Ohio had 87,890 hospitality professionals in 2010. 1,000 of these hospitality professionals were hotel managers, 7,170 were restaurant managers, and 2,050 were sous chefs. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of hospitality professional are:
- Dearborn County - 17,430 hospitality professionals
- Cuyahoga County - 15,590 hospitality professionals
- Delaware County - 14,950 hospitality professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of hospitality professionals in the state of Ohio will grow to 94,310. This would require a 0% decline in the field.
hospitality professionals in Ohio make an average of $31,456 per year. However, this number is only an average. Hospitality professional in Ohio had varying salaries from $15,520 to $84,960 per year in 2010. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Dearborn County - $35,094 per year
- Greene County - $34,350 per year
- Delaware County - $33,596 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Allen County - $23,040 per year
- Richland County - $24,596 per year
- Clark County - $25,552 per year
On average, the highest paid hospitality professionals in Ohio were:
- Hotel Manager - $48,710 per year
- Restaurant Manager - $48,240 per year
- Sous Chef - $40,580 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $18,810 per year
- Pizza Maker - $17,890 per year
For more data regarding a career in hospitality in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Ohio
- Certificate in Hospitality in Ohio
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||21,970||$24,920||-22.4%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||15,100||$17,890||-63.6%|
|Cooks, Short Order||7,490||$18,810||-22.8%|
|Food Service Managers||7,170||$48,240||-18.9%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||2,050||$40,580||-49.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Ohio