There are schools offering interior design programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in Ohio
Around 0.1% of Ohio's graduates graduate from interior design degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 223 interior designers graduate from Ohio's 14 interior design schools.
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Ohio State University-Main Campus' interior design program. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 37 students graduated from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus interior design program. University of Cincinnati-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,065 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a interior design program is Columbus College of Art and Design, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Columbus College of Art and Design interior design program. The tuition rate at Columbus College of Art and Design was $26,322 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's interior design schools ranges from $32,922 per year to $1,735 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,455 per year. In 2010, the interior design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Cleveland Institute of Art - located in Cleveland, students are charged $32,922 per year
- Columbus College of Art and Design - located in Columbus, students are charged $26,322 per year
- Ursuline College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $23,940 per year
The following Ohio interior design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
An interior design degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from interior design school in Ohio go on to work as an interior designer. In 2010, there were 1,240 interior designers working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio interior designers are working in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 340 interior designers
- Dearborn County - 320 interior designers
- Cuyahoga County - 320 interior designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of interior designers in the state of Ohio will grow to 2,090. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, interior designers earn $45,530 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio interior designers earned as little as less than $17,630 per year or as much as more than $94,500 per year. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for an interior designer are:
- Delaware County - $54,770 per year
- Greene County - $45,630 per year
- Dearborn County - $44,530 per year
An interior designer in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cuyahoga County - $40,510 per year
- Fulton County - $42,420 per year
- Portage County - $43,650 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in interior design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as design or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in Ohio
- Certificate in Interior Design in Ohio
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in Ohio