There are schools offering management courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Ohio
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a management program. It is located in Columbus. 407 students graduated with a degree in management from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
Case Western Reserve University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a management program. It is located in Cleveland. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Case Western Reserve University management program. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a management program is Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 44 students graduated with degree in management from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's management schools ranges from $37,648 per year to $1,735 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,388 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- Ohio Wesleyan University - located in Delaware, students are charged $36,398 per year
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A management degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio management graduates become managers. If you decide to work as a manager in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 32,950 Ohio managers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio managers:
- Dearborn County - 7,540 managers
- Delaware County - 6,990 managers
- Cuyahoga County - 6,550 managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of managers is expected to shrink by -8% by 2018. There are projected to be 28,620 managers working in the Ohio then.
A manager in Ohio earns $112,420 per year on average. But, salaries for managers can vary. In 2010, managers made as little as less than $32,490 per year or as much as more than $162,480 per year in Ohio. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for managers:
- Portage County - $122,830 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $118,350 per year
- Delaware County - $115,180 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Jefferson County - $77,950 per year
- Clark County - $83,240 per year
- Adams County - $83,250 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Management in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Ohio
- Certificate in Management in Ohio
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||43,200||$37,380||1.4%|
|General and Operations Managers||32,950||$112,420||-43.3%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||12,300||$84,510||23.2%|
|Industrial Production Managers||9,650||$92,620||23.7%|
|Managers, All Other||9,340||$100,180||-20.5%|
|Food Service Managers||7,170||$48,240||-18.9%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||4,560||$67,360||256.3%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,320||$98,460||40.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Ohio