There are schools offering massage therapy programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a massage therapy program is The University of Findlay. The University of Findlay, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Findlay. 2 students graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from The University of Findlay in 2010. Tuition at The University of Findlay was $26,798 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a massage therapy program is Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which is located in Dayton. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. In 2010, Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton graduated 10 students from its massage therapy program. Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton charged in-state students $12,672 in tuition fees per year.
American Institute of Alternative Medicine, which is located in Columbus, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a massage therapy program. It received a ranking of 58th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 88 students graduated from American Institute of Alternative Medicine massage therapy program. Students at American Institute of Alternative Medicine paid $20,896 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's massage therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,995 per year, though tuition can range from $26,798 per year to $2,537 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio massage therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
- American Institute of Alternative Medicine - located in Columbus, students are charged $20,896 per year
The massage therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Stark State College of Technology - located in Canton, students are charged $3,258 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
A massage therapy certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of massage therapy graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a massage therapist. If you decide to work as a massage therapist in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,680 Ohio massage therapists as of 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of massage therapists are:
- Cuyahoga County - 340 massage therapists
- Delaware County - 320 massage therapists
- Dearborn County - 310 massage therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of massage therapists in the state of Ohio will grow to 4,380. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
A massage therapist in Ohio earns $31,330 per year on average. But, salaries for massage therapists can vary. In 2010, massage therapists made as little as less than $15,670 per year or as much as more than $64,170 per year in Ohio. A massage therapist in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Ashland County - $36,530 per year
- Adams County - $36,000 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $35,080 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for massage therapists are:
- Clark County - $20,600 per year
- Portage County - $25,770 per year
- Coshocton County - $26,780 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in massage therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in Ohio
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in Ohio
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in Ohio