There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Ohio
Approximately 1.3% of graduates in of Ohio receive medical assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 4,638 medical assistants graduate from Ohio's 99 medical assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a medical assistant program is Kettering College of Medical Arts, which is located in Dayton. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. 19 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Kettering College of Medical Arts in 2010. Kettering College of Medical Arts charged in-state students $8,784 in tuition fees per year.
The University of Findlay, which is located in Findlay, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from The University of Findlay in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Findlay was $26,798 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical assistant program is Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton. Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Dayton. In 2010, 32 students graduated from Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton medical assistant program. Tuition at Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton was $12,672 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's medical assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,330 per year, though tuition can range from $28,340 per year to $1,735 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Marietta College - located in Marietta, students are charged $28,340 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
The medical assistant schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a medical assistant. In 2010, there were 22,540 medical assistants working in Ohio. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of medical assistants are:
- Dearborn County - 4,470 medical assistants
- Cuyahoga County - 4,050 medical assistants
- Delaware County - 3,840 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in Ohio will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 28,470 medical assistants working in Ohio.
A medical assistant in Ohio earns $27,610 per year on average. However, Ohio medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,790 per year to more than $41,780 per year in 2010. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Fulton County - $29,670 per year
- Dearborn County - $29,470 per year
- Delaware County - $28,780 per year
On average, medical assistants earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Jefferson County - $22,690 per year
- Richland County - $23,900 per year
- Mahoning County - $24,830 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Ohio
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Ohio