There are schools offering medical transcription training in Ohio!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Ohio
Around 0.0% of Ohio's graduates graduate from medical transcription certificate programs every year. Thus, Ohio's 19 medical transcription schools put out approximately 94 medical transcriptionists each year.
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical transcription program is NewLife Academy of Information Technology. NewLife Academy of Information Technology, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in East Liverpool. 3 students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from NewLife Academy of Information Technology in 2010.
Community Services Division-Alliance City, which is located in Alliance, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Community Services Division-Alliance City graduated 2 students from its medical transcription program.
Professional Skills Institute, which is located in Toledo, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Professional Skills Institute graduated 0 students from its medical transcription programs. The tuition rate at Professional Skills Institute was $13,271 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's medical transcription schools ranges from $13,430 per year to $2,790 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,909 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio medical transcription schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Northwestern Ohio - located in Lima, students are charged $13,430 per year
- Professional Skills Institute - located in Toledo, students are charged $13,271 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $9,530 per year
The following Ohio medical transcription schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Eastern Gateway Community College - located in Steubenville, students are charged $2,790 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Southern State Community College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $3,633 per year
A medical transcription certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical transcription graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a medical transcriptionist. In 2010, there were 3,450 medical transcriptionists working in Ohio. In Ohio, the largest numbers of medical transcriptionists work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 640 medical transcriptionists
- Dearborn County - 590 medical transcriptionists
- Delaware County - 350 medical transcriptionists
The government projects that the number of medical transcriptionists in Ohio will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,840 medical transcriptionists working in Ohio.
On average, medical transcriptionists earn $31,300 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical transcriptionists in Ohio had varying salaries from $18,010 to $44,700 per year in 2010. On average a medical transcriptionist earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Fulton County - $34,790 per year
- Greene County - $34,580 per year
- Erie County - $32,900 per year
On average, medical transcriptionists earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Richland County - $27,530 per year
- Mahoning County - $28,760 per year
- Adams County - $29,440 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in medical transcription. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Transcription in Ohio
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Ohio
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Ohio