There are schools offering mental health programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Mental Health Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a mental health program is Xavier University, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Xavier University's mental health program. Xavier University charged in-state students $29,970 in tuition fees per year.
Franciscan University of Steubenville, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a mental health program. It is located in Steubenville. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville mental health program. Students at Franciscan University of Steubenville paid $20,320 per year in tuition fees.
Malone University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a mental health program. It is located in Canton. 19 students graduated with degree in mental health from Malone University in 2010. The tuition rate at Malone University was $22,444 per year.
Mental health schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $13,814 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,970 per year, or as little as $2,537 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio mental health schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- Malone University - located in Canton, students are charged $22,444 per year
- Walsh University - located in Canton, students are charged $22,410 per year
The mental health schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- North Central State College - located in Mansfield, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Belmont Technical College - located in Saint Clairsville, students are charged $3,908 per year
A mental health degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of mental health graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a mental health counselor. In 2010, there were 4,050 mental health counselors working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio mental health counselors are working in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 840 mental health counselors
- Cuyahoga County - 820 mental health counselors
- Mahoning County - 580 mental health counselors
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of mental health counselors is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,080 mental health counselors working in the Ohio then.
A mental health counselor in Ohio earns $44,970 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. mental health counselors in Ohio had varying salaries from $17,030 to $83,410 per year in 2010. On average a mental health counselor earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Ashland County - $54,730 per year
- Auglaize County - $51,320 per year
- Portage County - $50,600 per year
On average, mental health counselors earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Jefferson County - $34,280 per year
- Adams County - $36,800 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $41,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in mental health in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as mental health or clinical psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Mental Health in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Mental Health in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Mental Health in Ohio
Curious what studying Mental Health gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||5,790||$38,880||8.2%|
|Mental Health Counselors||4,050||$44,970||54.0%|
|Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors||2,200||$39,630||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are mental health related jobs in Ohio