There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a nutrition program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, Ohio State University-Main Campus graduated 177 students from its nutrition program. Tuition at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a nutrition program is Case Western Reserve University. Case Western Reserve University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Cleveland. 58 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Case Western Reserve University in 2010. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a nutrition program is Ohio University-Main Campus. Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. 49 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio nutrition school, average tuition will be $12,165 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $37,648 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
The nutrition schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
A nutrition degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of nutrition graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a nutritionist. 2,610 nutritionists were working in Ohio in 2010. The largest populations of Ohio nutritionists are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 590 nutritionists
- Delaware County - 430 nutritionists
- Dearborn County - 390 nutritionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nutritionists is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,530 nutritionists working in the Ohio then.
A nutritionist in Ohio earns $48,910 per year on average. However, Ohio nutritionists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,280 per year to more than $74,800 per year in 2010. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Dearborn County - $54,560 per year
- Delaware County - $52,380 per year
- Auglaize County - $52,320 per year
On average, nutritionists earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Coshocton County - $41,480 per year
- Carroll County - $45,060 per year
- Greene County - $48,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in nutrition in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Ohio
- Certificate in Nutrition in Ohio
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||2,610||$48,910||9.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Ohio