There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a occupational therapy program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 44 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a occupational therapy program is Xavier University, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Xavier University occupational therapy program. The tuition rate at Xavier University was $29,970 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a occupational therapy program is The University of Findlay, which is located in Findlay. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. In 2010, The University of Findlay graduated 73 students from its occupational therapy programs. The tuition rate at The University of Findlay was $26,798 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's occupational therapy schools ranges from $29,970 per year to $1,735 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,379 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Ohio State University-Main Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $9,420 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Stark State College of Technology - located in Canton, students are charged $3,258 per year
An occupational therapy degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. Ohio had 4,430 occupational therapists in 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of occupational therapists are:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,080 occupational therapists
- Delaware County - 940 occupational therapists
- Dearborn County - 780 occupational therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,130 occupational therapists will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of occupational therapists to grow by 20%.
On average, occupational therapists earn $74,780 per year. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $38,470 per year or as much as more than $119,460 per year in Ohio. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Carroll County - $84,740 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $79,560 per year
- Adams County - $78,540 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for occupational therapists:
- Ashland County - $68,480 per year
- Mahoning County - $68,590 per year
- Delaware County - $68,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Ohio
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||2,490||$50,860||15.8%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||310||$38,390||210.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Ohio