There are schools offering paralegal programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a paralegal program is University of Cincinnati-Main Campus. University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Cincinnati. 33 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. Students at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus paid $10,065 per year in tuition fees.
Ursuline College, which was ranked 46th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a paralegal program. It is located in Cleveland. In 2010, Ursuline College graduated 7 students from its paralegal program. Ursuline College charged in-state students $23,940 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a paralegal program is Lake Erie College, which is located in Painesville. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Lake Erie College in 2010. Students at Lake Erie College paid $25,674 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio paralegal school, average tuition will be $11,121 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $25,674 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Lake Erie College - located in Painesville, students are charged $25,674 per year
- Ursuline College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $23,940 per year
- College of Mount St. Joseph - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $23,550 per year
The following Ohio paralegal schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lakeland Community College - located in Willoughby, students are charged $2,916 per year
A paralegal degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio paralegal graduates become paralegals. Ohio had 6,240 paralegals in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio paralegals:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,750 paralegals
- Delaware County - 1,290 paralegals
- Dearborn County - 1,220 paralegals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,740 paralegals will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of paralegals to grow by 17%.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $44,570 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for paralegals can vary. In 2010, paralegals made as little as less than $21,050 per year or as much as more than $68,710 per year in Ohio. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Cuyahoga County - $48,580 per year
- Dearborn County - $48,370 per year
- Greene County - $46,120 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Coshocton County - $29,390 per year
- Auglaize County - $29,460 per year
- Adams County - $30,200 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Ohio
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Ohio
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||6,240||$44,570||6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Ohio