There are schools offering personal training certifications in Ohio!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a personal training program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, Ohio State University-Main Campus graduated 16 students from its personal training program. The tuition rate at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a personal training program is Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 28 students graduated with degree in personal training from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
Xavier University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a personal training program. It is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Xavier University personal training program. The tuition rate at Xavier University was $29,970 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio personal training school, average tuition will be $18,717 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,570 per year to $33,099 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- Capital University - located in Columbus, students are charged $29,310 per year
The personal training schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $5,069 per year
- Shawnee State University - located in Portsmouth, students are charged $6,546 per year
A personal training degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Ohio go on to work as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,760 Ohio personal trainers as of 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of personal trainers work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 1,720 personal trainers
- Delaware County - 1,220 personal trainers
- Cuyahoga County - 720 personal trainers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,940 personal trainers will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of personal trainers to grow by 15%.
On average, personal trainers earn $26,680 per year. However, this number is only an average. personal trainers in Ohio had varying salaries from $15,590 to $50,410 per year in 2010. A personal trainer in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Fulton County - $31,340 per year
- Delaware County - $28,030 per year
- Dearborn County - $27,990 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Auglaize County - $19,420 per year
- Ashland County - $21,830 per year
- Greene County - $23,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Ohio
- Certificate in Personal Training in Ohio
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||5,760||$26,680||-1.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Ohio