There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Ohio
Around 0.2% of Ohio's graduates graduate from pharmacy technician training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 798 pharmacy technicians graduate from Ohio's 42 pharmacy technician schools.
Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which was ranked 57th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Dayton. In 2010, Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton graduated 1 students from its pharmacy technician program. Tuition at Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton was $12,672 per year.
TCTC Adult Training Center, which was ranked 57th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Warren. 14 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from TCTC Adult Training Center in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a pharmacy technician program is Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center, which is located in Ashland. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 11 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center in 2010. The tuition rate at Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center was $0 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's pharmacy technician schools ranges from $24,075 per year to $1,735 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,952 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
- Remington College-Cleveland West Campus - located in North Olmsted, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Remington College-Cleveland Campus - located in Cleveland, students are charged $14,745 per year
The following Ohio pharmacy technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Southern State Community College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $3,633 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio pharmacy technician graduates become pharmacy technicians. 14,500 pharmacy technicians were working in Ohio in 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of pharmacy technicians are:
- Dearborn County - 3,170 pharmacy technicians
- Cuyahoga County - 3,080 pharmacy technicians
- Delaware County - 2,040 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in Ohio will grow by 26%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 18,690 pharmacy technicians working in Ohio.
A pharmacy technician in Ohio makes an average of $26,150 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio pharmacy technicians earned as little as less than $15,720 per year or as much as more than $37,520 per year. On average a pharmacy technician earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Cuyahoga County - $27,920 per year
- Allen County - $26,920 per year
- Fulton County - $26,660 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Jefferson County - $22,620 per year
- Clark County - $23,150 per year
- Portage County - $23,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Ohio
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Ohio
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Ohio