There are schools offering photography courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Photography Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a photography program is Ohio University-Main Campus. Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. 77 students graduated with a degree in photography from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a photography program is University of Dayton. University of Dayton, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Dayton. 8 students graduated with degree in photography from University of Dayton in 2010. Students at University of Dayton paid $29,930 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a photography program is Kent State University at Kent. Kent State University at Kent, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Kent. 22 students graduated with degree in photography from Kent State University at Kent in 2010. Tuition at Kent State University at Kent was $9,030 per year.
Photography schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $10,628 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $32,922 per year, or as little as $1,735 per year. In 2010, the photography schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Cleveland Institute of Art - located in Cleveland, students are charged $32,922 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- Art Academy of Cincinnati - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $22,740 per year
The photography schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
A photography degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio photography graduates become photographers. Ohio had 2,180 photographers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio photographers:
- Dearborn County - 560 photographers
- Cuyahoga County - 330 photographers
- Delaware County - 310 photographers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of photographers in the state of Ohio will grow to 6,260. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
A photographer in Ohio earns $30,400 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Ohio photographers earned as little as less than $16,010 per year or as much as more than $68,370 per year. On average a photographer earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Cuyahoga County - $37,910 per year
- Delaware County - $36,700 per year
- Ashland County - $33,760 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for photographers are:
- Jefferson County - $21,790 per year
- Mahoning County - $23,080 per year
- Auglaize County - $23,270 per year
For more data regarding a career in photography in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as photography or design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Photography in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Photography in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Photography in Ohio
- Certificate in Photography in Ohio
Curious what studying Photography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture||430||$45,010||-30.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are photography related jobs in Ohio