There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Ohio
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Indiana
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Michigan
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Virginia
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Pennsylvania
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in West Virginia
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Kentucky
- See All Schools in Ohio
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Ohio graduates receive degrees in physical therapy assisting. That means an estimated 377 physical therapy assistants graduate from Ohio's 18 physical therapy assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a physical therapy assistant program is Professional Skills Institute, which is located in Toledo. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Professional Skills Institute graduated 34 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Students at Professional Skills Institute paid $13,271 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a physical therapy assistant program is Washington State Community College, which is located in Marietta. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. 15 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Washington State Community College in 2010. Students at Washington State Community College paid $3,808 per year in tuition fees.
Shawnee State University, which is located in Portsmouth, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 84th in the country in 2010. 18 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Shawnee State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Shawnee State University was $6,546 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio physical therapy assistant school, average tuition will be $4,269 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $13,271 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio physical therapy assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Professional Skills Institute - located in Toledo, students are charged $13,271 per year
- Shawnee State University - located in Portsmouth, students are charged $6,546 per year
- Kent State University at East Liverpool - located in East Liverpool, students are charged $5,110 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio physical therapy assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio physical therapy assistant graduates become physical therapy assistants. If you decide to work as a physical therapy assistant in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,890 Ohio physical therapy assistants as of 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of physical therapy assistants work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,080 physical therapy assistants
- Dearborn County - 720 physical therapy assistants
- Delaware County - 650 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of physical therapy assistants in the state of Ohio will grow to 6,310. This would require a 31% growth in the profession.
On average, physical therapy assistants earn $52,320 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio physical therapy assistants earned as little as less than $26,800 per year or as much as more than $72,340 per year. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Dearborn County - $58,880 per year
- Clark County - $57,900 per year
- Portage County - $55,390 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapy assistants are:
- Allen County - $44,100 per year
- Jefferson County - $44,920 per year
- Ashland County - $46,660 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Ohio
- Certificate in Physical Therapy Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||4,890||$52,320||6.8%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||1,100||$24,400||-6.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Ohio