There are schools offering physician assistant programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Physician Assisting Programs in Ohio
Kettering College of Medical Arts, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a physician assistant program. It is located in Dayton. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Kettering College of Medical Arts' physician assistant program. Kettering College of Medical Arts charged in-state students $8,784 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a physician assistant program is The University of Findlay, which is located in Findlay. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in physician assistant from The University of Findlay in 2010. Tuition at The University of Findlay was $26,798 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a physician assistant program is University of Toledo. University of Toledo, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Toledo. In 2010, University of Toledo graduated 26 students from its physician assistant programs. The tuition rate at University of Toledo was $8,491 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's physician assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,911 per year, though tuition can range from $28,340 per year to $2,537 per year. The Ohio physician assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Marietta College - located in Marietta, students are charged $28,340 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Kettering College of Medical Arts - located in Dayton, students are charged $8,784 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio physician assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
- Cleveland State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $8,516 per year
A physician assistant degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physician assistant school in Ohio go on to work as a physician assistant. In 2010, there were 2,080 physician assistants working in Ohio. In Ohio, the largest numbers of physician assistants work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 590 physician assistants
- Delaware County - 400 physician assistants
- Dearborn County - 300 physician assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,550 physician assistants will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of physician assistants to grow by 33%.
A physician assistant in Ohio makes an average of $83,750 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio physician assistants earned as little as less than $41,660 per year or as much as more than $137,410 per year. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a physician assistant are:
- Delaware County - $86,950 per year
- Richland County - $86,300 per year
- Greene County - $85,660 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for physician assistants are:
- Portage County - $75,920 per year
- Ashland County - $77,180 per year
- Coshocton County - $81,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in physician assisting in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physician Assisting in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Physician Assisting in Ohio
- Certificate in Physician Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Physician Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physician assistant related jobs in Ohio