There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a respiratory therapy program is Ohio State University-Main Campus. Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Columbus. 19 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
Kettering College of Medical Arts, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Dayton. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Kettering College of Medical Arts respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Kettering College of Medical Arts was $8,784 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a respiratory therapy program is Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton. Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Dayton. In 2010, 40 students graduated from Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton was $12,672 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's respiratory therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,759 per year, though tuition can range from $18,808 per year to $1,735 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- University of Rio Grande - located in Rio Grande, students are charged $18,808 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $12,672 per year
- Ohio State University-Main Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $9,420 per year
The following Ohio respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Eastern Gateway Community College - located in Steubenville, students are charged $2,790 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,460 Ohio respiratory therapists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio respiratory therapists:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,250 respiratory therapists
- Delaware County - 750 respiratory therapists
- Dearborn County - 740 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of Ohio will grow to 6,160. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
A respiratory therapist in Ohio makes an average of $51,030 per year. However, Ohio respiratory therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,900 per year to more than $63,890 per year in 2010. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a respiratory therapist are:
- Dearborn County - $53,330 per year
- Mahoning County - $52,020 per year
- Fulton County - $51,850 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Adams County - $46,950 per year
- Portage County - $47,610 per year
- Ashland County - $48,900 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Ohio
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Ohio
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||330||$41,590||-36.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Ohio