There are schools offering school psychology programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in Ohio
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 37 students graduated with a degree in school psychology from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a school psychology program is John Carroll University. John Carroll University, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Cleveland. 8 students graduated with degree in school psychology from John Carroll University in 2010. Tuition at John Carroll University was $30,250 per year.
Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which is located in Bowling Green, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Bowling Green State University-Main Campus school psychology program. The tuition rate at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus was $9,704 per year.
Tuition at Ohio's school psychology schools ranges from $30,250 per year to $8,491 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,174 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio school psychology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- John Carroll University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $30,250 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- Miami University-Oxford - located in Oxford, students are charged $12,786 per year
The school psychology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
- Kent State University at Kent - located in Kent, students are charged $9,030 per year
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $9,704 per year
A school psychology degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of school psychology graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a school psychologist. 3,180 school psychologists were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio school psychologists:
- Delaware County - 700 school psychologists
- Cuyahoga County - 630 school psychologists
- Dearborn County - 630 school psychologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of school psychologists in the state of Ohio will grow to 4,730. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
A school psychologist in Ohio makes an average of $76,080 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio school psychologists earned as little as less than $26,500 per year or as much as more than $110,360 per year. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a school psychologist are:
- Carroll County - $80,660 per year
- Ashland County - $79,760 per year
- Greene County - $78,380 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for school psychologists:
- Jefferson County - $56,920 per year
- Erie County - $57,180 per year
- Auglaize County - $64,400 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in school psychology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in Ohio
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||3,180||$76,080||-3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in Ohio