There are schools offering social work degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a social work program is Ohio State University-Main Campus. Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Columbus. 305 students graduated with a degree in social work from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
Case Western Reserve University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a social work program. It is located in Cleveland. 139 students graduated with degree in social work from Case Western Reserve University in 2010. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a social work program. It is located in Athens. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 33 students from its social work programs. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,101 per year, though tuition can range from $37,648 per year to $1,735 per year. The Ohio social work schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- Capital University - located in Columbus, students are charged $29,310 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio social work schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Lakeland Community College - located in Willoughby, students are charged $2,916 per year
A social work degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio social work graduates become social workers. 6,730 social workers were working in Ohio in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of social workers work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,760 social workers
- Delaware County - 1,110 social workers
- Dearborn County - 950 social workers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of social workers is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,670 social workers working in the Ohio then.
A social worker in Ohio earns $46,330 per year on average. But, salaries for social workers can vary. In 2010, social workers made as little as less than $18,270 per year or as much as more than $68,570 per year in Ohio. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a social worker are:
- Cuyahoga County - $49,690 per year
- Erie County - $48,230 per year
- Dearborn County - $46,530 per year
A social worker in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Mahoning County - $32,440 per year
- Clark County - $40,020 per year
- Adams County - $41,990 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Ohio
- Certificate in Social Work in Ohio
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||9,740||$38,620||-5.4%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||6,730||$46,330||13.1%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||5,790||$38,880||8.2%|
|Social Workers, All Other||3,850||$45,380||-3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Ohio