There are schools offering sonography programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a sonography program is Kettering College of Medical Arts. Kettering College of Medical Arts, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Dayton. 19 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from Kettering College of Medical Arts in 2010. Kettering College of Medical Arts charged in-state students $8,784 in tuition fees per year.
O C Collins Career Center, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a sonography program. It is located in Chesapeake. In 2010, 5 students graduated from O C Collins Career Center sonography program.
University of Rio Grande, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a sonography program. It is located in Rio Grande. In 2010, 17 students graduated from University of Rio Grande sonography program. Students at University of Rio Grande paid $18,808 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Ohio's sonography schools ranges from $24,075 per year to $2,537 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,716 per year. In 2010, the sonography schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
- University of Rio Grande - located in Rio Grande, students are charged $18,808 per year
- Kettering College of Medical Arts - located in Dayton, students are charged $8,784 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio sonography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
A sonography certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio sonography graduates become sonographers. If you decide to work as a sonographer in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,410 Ohio sonographers as of 2010. The largest populations of Ohio sonographers are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 700 sonographers
- Delaware County - 300 sonographers
- Greene County - 220 sonographers
The government projects that the number of sonographers in Ohio will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,880 sonographers working in Ohio.
A sonographer in Ohio earns $58,470 per year on average. But, salaries for sonographers can vary. In 2010, sonographers made as little as less than $41,600 per year or as much as more than $97,090 per year in Ohio. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for sonographers:
- Delaware County - $67,140 per year
- Greene County - $62,170 per year
- Dearborn County - $59,310 per year
On average, sonographers earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Coshocton County - $53,030 per year
- Adams County - $53,950 per year
- Allen County - $55,810 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in sonography and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or sonography.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography in Ohio
- Certificate in Sonography in Ohio
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||2,410||$58,470||27.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in Ohio