There are schools offering speech therapy programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in Ohio
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a speech therapy program. It is located in Columbus. In 2010, Ohio State University-Main Campus graduated 189 students from its speech therapy program. Ohio State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a speech therapy program is Case Western Reserve University, which is located in Cleveland. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Case Western Reserve University speech therapy program. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 123 students from its speech therapy programs. Tuition at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio speech therapy school, average tuition will be $14,694 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,656 per year to $37,648 per year. In 2010, the speech therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- The College of Wooster - located in Wooster, students are charged $36,598 per year
- Baldwin-Wallace College - located in Berea, students are charged $25,260 per year
The speech therapy schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus - located in Chillicothe, students are charged $4,656 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
- Cleveland State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $8,516 per year
A speech therapy degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio speech therapy graduates become speech therapists. 710 speech therapists were working in Ohio in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of speech therapists work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 290 speech therapists
- Greene County - 80 speech therapists
- Dearborn County - 70 speech therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of speech therapists is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 770 speech therapists working in the Ohio then.
On average, speech therapists earn $55,870 per year. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for speech therapists:
- Greene County - $67,570 per year
- Dearborn County - $61,600 per year
- Fulton County - $51,070 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for speech therapists:
- Delaware County - $49,350 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $49,440 per year
- Fulton County - $51,070 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in speech therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Speech Therapy in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in Ohio
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in Ohio