There are schools offering sports management degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a sports management program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, Ohio State University-Main Campus graduated 10 students from its sports management program. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 30 students from its sports management program. Students at Ohio University-Main Campus paid $9,603 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a sports management program is Xavier University, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, Xavier University graduated 55 students from its sports management programs. Students at Xavier University paid $29,970 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Ohio's sports management schools ranges from $36,398 per year to $2,570 per year. But, the average tuition is $18,661 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio sports management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ohio Wesleyan University - located in Delaware, students are charged $36,398 per year
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
The following Ohio sports management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Hocking College - located in Nelsonville, students are charged $3,795 per year
A sports management degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio sports management graduates become sports managers. 9,340 sports managers were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio sports managers:
- Dearborn County - 2,740 sports managers
- Delaware County - 2,120 sports managers
- Cuyahoga County - 2,080 sports managers
The government projects that the number of sports managers in Ohio will grow by 2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 23,040 sports managers working in Ohio.
On average, sports managers earn $100,180 per year. However, Ohio sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,380 per year to more than $163,490 per year in 2010. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for sports managers:
- Dearborn County - $109,250 per year
- Portage County - $106,800 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $103,090 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for sports managers:
- Jefferson County - $48,180 per year
- Coshocton County - $61,380 per year
- Carroll County - $73,420 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in sports management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Ohio
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||9,340||$100,180||-20.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Ohio